Tuesday, June 01, 2010

-10

Well, what a long and rather uneventful holiday weekend.  But that's alright.  I spent most of my time researching potential jobs (mainly eco-jobs in the Midwest) and daydreaming about my trip to Hawaii!  I spoke to Cristin, R.M.'s cousin who we will be staying with, a day or two ago and she told me about Hanauma Bay (http://www.hanauma-bay-hawaii.com/).  This place looks amazing!  Although I snorkeled in the Dominican and was a liiiiittle freaked out, I think I would be okay in this situation.  More shallow water, etc.  In Punta Cana, my girlfriends and I took a rickety old boat out to (what seemed like) the middle of the ocean, threw on some B-rate snorkeling gear, proceeded to jump off the rickety old boat, and swim around aimlessly as the owner of crappy boat threw bread chunks near all of our heads so fish would swarm to our faces!  It was close to terrible.  Anyway, Hanauma Bay looks much more relaxing (and safe).  For now, though, I'm stuck in La Crosse -- just working and starting my work out regimen as of today!  Must lose the very sneaky ten pounds that accumulated throughout the winter-time.  After receiving all of my bikinis from Victoria's Secret last week, I realized I must devote this month before I leave to getting myself back into bikini-wearing shape.  I'm actually pretty excited for it.

Well, that is all for me.  The gym opens at noon and I have to work at 3:30.  So not much time.  Cheers!


Track du Moment: "Moon River" by Henry Mancini

No comments:

Post a Comment